(MC-2) Additional Contact Features
In the first Contacts lesson chapter we have looked at all the fields which can describe a contact.
You can make as many notes about your contact as required. To do this you have a large rich text field available to type and format the notes.
To access the Contact Notes area, you can either:
- When viewing a contact in the left hand search area, click on theNotes icon
- Or when viewing the Contact Details, click on the [Notes] icon on the local menu:
The Contact Notes window will appear on the right hand side:
You can type any notes you choose and format them using the options in the editor menu.
To save your notes:
- Click on [Save]
You can set an alert icon for a contact, to raise your awareness that there is something about this person you should be aware of.
To change the Alert Level
- Go to the Contact Notes screen (as described above)
- Choose either "Raised" or "High" from the Alert Level field
- Click on [Save]
When the alert level is set, it shows either an orange or red icon to indicate a Raised or High alert level respectively:
Upon noticing the alert level when searching for a contact, you can then take a look at your notes to be aware of what you are raising an awareness to.
A Raised or High Contact Alert Level is also shown against an attendee in the Bookings area:
You have the ability to see in a contact's record the bookings/invoices which are in their name.
To see a contact's finances:
- Either click on thefinances icon next to the contact's name in the search area on the left
- Or click on [Finances] on the local menu on the right hand side when viewing a contact:
This will show a list of the bookings/invoices and payments in the contact's name:
To view the details of one of the invoices:
- Click on the invoice text or one of the icons
The invoice window will open:
You create a new invoice for a contact directly from this Contact's Finances screen:
- Click on [+ Add Invoice]
You can also a new payment from here too:
- Click on [+Add Payment]
For each contact you can see a list of the activities they have attended, and the notes you made about their attendance at that activity.
To see a contact's activity record:
- From the Contact Search area, click on the[Activities] icon
- From the contact's record, click on the [Activities] local menu option
To see a contact's subscription history:
- From the Contact Search area, click on the[Mailing Subscriptions] icon
- From the contact's record, click on the [Mailing] local menu option
This will display the Mailing Subscriptions screen for the contact:
You can send the contact an email directly from the Contact Search or Contact's record areas.
- From the Contact Search area, click on the[Email] icon
- From the contact's record, click on the [Email] local menu option
We have looked at the other features available when working with an individual contact's record.
We've covered making notes about the contact, setting an alert level to raise awareness of something we should know about them, working with their finances, viewing the activities they have attended, and seeing their mailing subscription status. We've also seen where you can send the contact an email, and create them an invoice, or a payment.
There is lots of information associated with a contact to work with!
In the next lesson we will look in more detail at how to work with the contact search and how to create contacts lists for sending bulk emails.