(AF-4) Working with Brands
Workshop Angel allows you to define the setting that you would most associate with defining your brand from an administrative point of view.
In this lesson we will look at at how best to set these values, and also look at the idea of defining multiple brands if your business operates quite different types of activities.
To work with the Brand settings:
- Go to the Settings area by clicking on the[Cog} icon on the top right of the main menu bar.
- Click on Brand Settings
The Brand Settings window appears on the right hand side:
The way the fields are used is as follows:
- Brand name - the name of your brand which will be presented to your clients on the Booking Form and through the use of the [Brand Name] shortcode in messages. This value is automatically set from the name entered when you signed up for the app.
- Internal brand name - the name that appears on the left in the Settings area (you will probably want to leave this the same as the first field). This value is also automatically set from the name entered when you signed up for the app.
- Email address which emails are sent from - the email address which emails are sent from for activities belong to this brand (remembering that it is possible to define more than one brand). This value is automatically set to be your login email address.
- Email address to which emails can be copied- if set, this will cause all emails which are sent from the app to also be copied to this address so you can track their delivery and how they look should you choose to. This field is left empty by default.
- Business this brand belongs to - the associated business for this brand. In most cases you will have just one business defined and the value will be set to that business name. Businesses are discussed in the next lesson AF-5.
- First/Last name emails are sent from - This name is used in the "from" field of the emails that are sent out by the app, and are the names used for the [From First Name] and [From Last Name] shortcodes you can use in messages.
- Brand contact details - you can enter and format the your contact details in this field and include those details in messages using the [Contact Details] shortcode.
The final field to talk about in Brand Settings is the "Booking form header image" field.
On the Booking Form, you have the possibility to add a branding image at the top of the page:
The Booking Form looks for this image definition in two locations:
- 1.In the Activity's Organisation tab.
- 2.If nothing is defined there, then in the Brand Settings - Booking form header image for this brand field.
To specify the image to use in either of these two fields:
- Copy the image's link and paste it in the field.
The image is uploaded to the app using the methods described in lesson DM-8.
Many people who run workshops have more than one discipline that they offer. It could be yoga and dance, car mechanics and finance, or singing and permaculture. When you work this way, you may have more than one brand that you present to your clients, and more than one mailing list. Some clients may be interested in both of your brands, others only one.
Managing all the administration of both brands can be very tedious... so we've designed Workshop Angel to make it super easy!
When you run your different types of activities under different brands, you may also account for your finances in different ways. If this is the case, then you will also want to read about managing different " Businesses" within the app, where we have that covered too... you can read more in lesson AF-5.
The big picture of how you work with Brands is:
In the settings area of the app, you define a second brand. This allows you to define a second set of contact details, return email addresses and default branding image for the booking form.
In the Organisation tab of an activity, you define which brand that activity represents. All of the shortcodes for the sender information, and the email address that your emails are sent from, are all now linked to the specific brand you have set.
Once you add a second brand, you have the ability in each contact's record to assign them to one or more of your brands. You can now search for contacts by brand name as well as the other options around contact tags and activity tags and types.
You can search for payments and invoices based on a brand and see total sales for a given period of time. We plan in the future to allow you to generate a wider range of more comprehensive financial reports on a brand basis.
Here are the details of how to do each of the things we have discussed:
- Go to Settings
- Click on [Add Brand]
A second Brand appears on the left hand side:
- Click on this New Brand to open its details on the right side
- Fill in each field according to your second brand
- Click on [Save]
Details of how to use each field in a Brand definition are shown at the start of this lesson.
Creating your new Brand may well involve adding a new email address, which will need to be registered with our email sending service Postmark. Once you enter the new email address and click [Save], you will see that the email address is listed as not being registered.
To register the new email address:
- Click on [Register Email Address]
This will cause an email to be sent to the address you have specified from our email sending service called Postmark.
- When the email arrives, open it and click on the [Confirm Email Signature] button
- Close the new brand's window and then re-open it to check the address is now confirmed
If confirmed, it will look like this:
- Go to Activities - Define Activity
- Go to the Organisation tab of your activity
You will see there is now a field for Brand - see the last field of the image below. This will be set to your original brand.
- Set the Brand field to the brand for this activity
- Click on [Save]
- Go to your contact's record
- Select one or more brands from the Brands field towards the bottom of the display
- Go to Contacts
- Click on [Advanced Search Options]
You will see there is now a Brand option to search by
- Select the appropriate brand
Your contact search results will now be all contacts who are tagged for the chosen brand. You can now use that list for mailings as described in lesson MC-3.
DO YOU NEED TO ASSIGN YOUR FIRST BRAND TOO?
WHAT ARE THE ISSUES WITH THIS?
IS IT ASSIGNED IF THEY ATTEND A WORKSHOP OF THAT BRAND AND ADDED TO IF THEY ATTEND THE OTHER BRAND?
We have seen how you can add multiple brands to your settings, enabling you to set up activities that operate under more than one branding. With the second brand you can add different contact details, email return addresses and branding image which are automatically assigned when you select and activity to be of a specific brand.
You can also assign one or more brands of interest to a contact, enabling you to create mailing lists which are brand specific.
Great! If you operate with more than one brand, then you now have the full low-down on how you can manage your different brands within Workshop Angel.
In the next lesson we will look at a similar concept that is built into the app, this time with relation to the business entity that you create your accounts in the name of.